Saturday, December 3, 2011

A great day for 4!

This morning I met up with Coach Missy Kane & most of my teammates for a training walk/run with the Knoxville Track Club! This morning's meet up was at the Runners Market in West Knoxville in its new location next to the Fresh Market in Farragut. Our goal (Biggest Winner team) was to up our longest distance by about half a mile...which took me and some others at 4 miles. Our route took us across Kingston Pike, and further down Campbell Station. 


Observations from today's walk:
  • The sidewalk was a much harder (literally) surface on which to walk, and I felt it. 
  • Knoxville Track Club members continue to be so supportive of our teams' efforts! They're so encouraging! So many of those I've met have their own amazing weight loss stories! Everyone started somewhere! 
  • People who litter suck! I mean, for real, folks. The amount of trash I saw along the sidewalk was just disgusting. 
  • My teammates are amazing! Everyone's got their own reason for our journey as part of the Biggest Winner team.
  • Sometimes silence is amazing! At one point we'd all set our own pace and I was walking by myself. It was so nice to have that time to think about my day, my weekend, my week.
  • We have an awesome coach! Missy Kane has more energy than anyone else I know! I don't know how she does it! But she inspires me! 
Some pics that Missy took from today's meet up.

Keeping warm before heading out! 


The Knoxville Track Club group!



New location of Runners Market! Next to Fresh Market in Farragut - check it out! 



Our team! 

If you haven't figured it out yet, Coach Missy loves to take pics (and I'm glad she does)! She had us pause during our walk to show off the scenery! 


Today was a great day! It felt good to push myself, and know I was OK. Yes, I'm a little sore after the walk (mainly my feet) ... but, for the most part, I feel great! 

1 comment: