Friday, December 9, 2011

The week that would never end ...

Ever have those weeks that by the time you get to Tuesday you feel like it should already be Friday? I've felt like that since Monday! Tonight I'm exhausted, but it's a "good tired," not a "I'm going to pass out on my face kind of tired." 


Since my last post I had my initial fit test at Fort Sanders Health & Fitness Center - although for some reason we didn't finish the entire thing so I'm going back Wednesday to do Part 2. After I met with the exercise physiologist he gave me a brief tour of the cardio-theatre area of the gym. I have to say -- the realm of exercise entertainment has really progressed since I was last a member in a gym! They have a few bikes that you can dock your iphone/ipod into, and watch content on your phone on the screen of the bike...or, if you'd rather, you can play a game from the bike collection, such as solitaire! lol  I know, I know, not what I should be focusing on about the gym ... but, how cool is that! I like any distraction that will take my mind off of how hard I'm working!! 


This afternoon our team was on Live at Five at Four on WBIR. One Fridays the show films live from Market Square, so it was a fun change of pace. I hate that not all of our teammates could be there -- but one, actually had to be at WBIR to produce the show! I'm glad that they got to do a cut in of her during the segment!  I don't think there's a link to today's segment yet, but I'll keep checking to post for you guys to see.


Pretty exciting stuff. In Monday's Knoxville News Sentinel the Covenant Healthwise page will also feature our team. Be sure to check it out. You can also check out some additional info about our team, as well as links to some of my teammate's blogs here: www.covenanthealth.com/biggestwinner. There's also some of our fun publicity shots that we did during our first meeting together over a month ago. 


In other exciting news, after I left Market Square I headed to New Balance to pick up my new shoes. I took them for a little spin once I got home, and they felt great! I even ran a few intervals. Now when I say "ran," I really mean more of a "shuffle." I'm sure if anyone in the neighborhood saw me there would be much laughter. But, hey, who cares! Felt good, and making progress! 


Sorry I'm skipping all over the place, but that's how my brain is working today. Since our meeting with our trainer/life coach Chris earlier this week, I've been thinking a lot about my goals. I've always been very goal oriented when it comes to work. So it's been an interesting thought process to sort through personal goals. My #1 goal is: Cross the finish line on April 1, 2012. 


In June of this year I weighed 265.5 pounds. On the first day of our training I weighed in at 249 pounds. I've come a long way, even though I'm just beginning. This brings me to Goal #2: Be happy with my progress. I want to continue to celebrate my victories, even if they are small. I want to celebrate daily the task I'm undertaking, and be proud of myself. I want to be proud of myself even when I have a bad day, and don't exercise, or eat something I shouldn't. I want to eliminate self doubt. 

My 3rd goal is a little different ... instead of the goal being to lose weight, my goal is to lose my old habits. I'm trying to build new fitness habits that will help me succeed in achieving better health. Building new habits shouldn't be too difficult since there weren't many old ones to get rid of! :)



I'm working on more goals, but thought I'd share these.  I'll leave you with a few inspirational tidbits from, where else, Pinterest! I love these. Thanks for checking out my blog, I appreciate everyone's support! 

















2 comments:

  1. I'm sure with your positive attitude you can definitely achieve all of your goals! Great job, Amanda! :) (I would comment on all of your posts, but then I would just look like some stalker and I would be repeating myself... a lot)! I'm SO proud of what you have decided to accomplish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog you are doing amazing things. You have the correct mindset and you are putting in the work. Love how you are going to be focusing on your strengths in your goal no matter how small you said. In this world it's so easy to focus on the negative, and in life we don't get what we want we get what we focus on.

    I am looking forward to seeing all the amazing transformations you will be achieving physically and most importantly mentally. The greatest barrier that holds us back is not something or someone else but is ourselves and I love how you are getting out of the way of yourself to begin putting your best life forward! Keep up the amazing work and the great posts!

    ReplyDelete