Thursday, December 29, 2011

Designing my resolutions

It's been a few days since I've posted, with the hustle and bustle of the holidays surrounding us. Surprisingly I had a lot of quiet time to myself in the past week and have used it to really start considering my short (2012) and long term health & fitness goals. I plan to fine-tune my thoughts and post on that in my next blog!


But now for a quick holiday review! I did it -- the week prior to Christmas I got in 5 work outs! I've been going to the gym (Fort Sanders Health & Fitness) more than when I started training, and it helps keep me motivated. There's something about being in a group of people who are all sweating to help keep you going. One day I remember glancing over at the gentleman on the bike beside me - he was maybe 60+ years old, had been on the bike longer than I had, but had gone a shorter distance. I thought, "look at me, ahead of this guy," and then I realized he was just in his warm up! Before I knew it he was cycling over 75 rpm! Sheesh. Instead of letting him get the best of me (mentally) I kept up with him, even cycling on the interval setting. It was probably unfair to him that he didn't realize we were competing ... but it gave me the push I needed! lol


My goal for the coming week is to really start some upper body and core strengthening into my workout. I'm really looking forward to our group training sessions that will start in January.


As far as Christmas was concerned, I feel good about what I did and what I ate. Sure there were a few splurges here and there (2 cookies on Christmas to be exact ... but it was homemade rugula and it was worth every carb). I made a really yummy Greek dip with hummus, feta, cucumbers, tomatoes & kalamata olives (finally something productive from pinterest!) that I took to Christmas at my folks house. It was so yummy that I took a 2nd batch back for night 2 of our festivities.


I got some great fitness related holiday gifts, that I'm really excited about! New headphones (that double as blue tooth if needed), and an armband holder thingie for my iphone for when I'm walking/shuffling/running. I also got a great new pair of running gloves -- which will really come in handy tonight since I'm planning on some outside training! And, thankfully, some gift certificates to go buy some new clothes. My pants (even the ones I bought 2 weeks ago) have started to look completely, and ridiculously big. Yesterday at work I had no fewer than 4 people tell me I needed new pants. While I appreciate them noticing ... it's frustrating and exhilarating at the same time! lol 


Well, off to work (my Friday for the week)! Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful week! 


1 comment: