Monday, December 19, 2011

Planning ahead

I feel like my main goal for the week is going to be planning ahead! 


Planning ahead to carve out time for my workouts, and planning ahead to combat yummy holiday foods!


Saturday night we went to a holiday party with friends, and before I went I ate a salad (hoping to fill up a bit). But of course, for the remainder of the evening, while surrounded by wonderful friends, I was surrounded by wonderful tasty morsels. One good side note - this group of friends usually has some very yummy, and healthy treats, and this year proved no different! Hummus, veggies, and my favorite homemade tomatilla salsa! But, b/c it was a party and I drank water (no libations), and graciously sampled the delicious cheesecake dip (several times)! 


Last night was my father-in-law's birthday celebration at Olive Garden (yum!)! Knowing that pasta & bread are two of my weaknesses I searched ahead of time for some nutritional info for Olive Garden. Didn't have to search far -- they have it on their website! OK, are you ready? One of those delicious buttery breadsticks counts as 2 services of carbs. Yes, 2 servings!! Let's not even go into the amount of fat, calories, etc!! 
Even the salad (what heavenly dressing) has carbs and fat! A salad with fat?!!?  I checked out my favorite dish (portabella ravioli). Usually I order this, eat half and bring half home, filling the void with bread sticks and salad! Not last night. Last night I had 1 bread stick (yes, you CAN eat just one), salad, and minestrone soup. It was yummy, and I filled up! 


Skipping back ... Saturday's training walk/shuffle/run was 5 miles! It was a great 5 miles (I have a blister to prove it). I admitted something to myself that I hadn't before. Until now I've said I'm training for the 5K. It's official folks ... the goal is ... cross the line of the half marathon! It might quite possibly be the slowest half marathon EVER...but my goal is to finish. I'm not trying to break any records, except my own. They may be shutting down the lights in Neyland Stadium when I get there ... but I'll get there! 


Thanks, again, to everyone who has been reading and encouraging! I really appreciate your support! 


No comments:

Post a Comment