Thursday, November 17, 2011

To Zumba or not to Zumba...

Our team manager Tonya suggested the other day that it was a good idea to try out different types of exercise including something we could do at home like an exercise video or interactive game. Since our training will run through the coldest part of the winter this will be a great option if making it the gym or working out outside is not a viable option.


Sidenote: For those of you who don't know, my husband works in retail management for the world's largest retailer of video games. So he is a plethora of knowledge when it comes to video games, and is able to "check out" games to test them out. 


This morning I asked him about some good fitness "game" options. He named a couple, including Zumba. I was so excited. I've heard that Zumba is a lot of fun, and know a lot of folks who really enjoy it. I'm completely uncoordinated, but knew that trying this in the privacy of my own home would make me a little more comfortable.


So my amazing husband brought this home tonight for me to try it out:




He is truly a great sport, and even tried it with me! lol Let's just say that we're definitely not in Zumba shape...yet! The good news is, between the "dancing" and the laughing, we definitely burned off some calories and worked up a sweat! Who knows, maybe before too long I'll be brave enough to try a real Zumba class!

2 comments:

  1. I have several Zumba DVDs you can have if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the name "Zumba" is really unfortunate. But I know a lot of women who love going to classes, so there must be something redeeming. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete