Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Small victories ...

Today's one of those days I'm thankful for small victories. 


After a morning-long meeting my lunch took me to one of my favorite sandwich spots. Said sandwich spot is next door to the absolutely BEST cupcake place in town. They have these delicious pumpkin cupcakes. Nom nom nom. Today's main victory: I ate lunch, and then I got in my car and headed on my way. No cupcakes. Yes, of course, all I can think about right now is the yummy cupcake that's not mine...but, thankfully, those calories are someone else's!


Once I got home from work I was tired, and still had some work to catch up on since I'd been in meetings all day. I just wanted to chill out. But, how can you ignore this?!




Those eyes just scream, "Mom, I'm bored. It stopped raining, let's go for a walk!"


So, we went for our walk! 




20 minutes around the neighborhood until it started raining again ... but small victory! Heart rate up, sweaty, and quality time with Belle! Now there's one tired dog, and one tired me, but it's a good tired.


Thanks, everyone, for all of your encouragement and outpouring of support. Our training program is just getting started, and won't be in "full force" until next month, but I'm excited in the preparation! I made my appointment for my runner/walker evaluation today with Parkwest Therapy Services, and it's not until the first week of December, but that will be here before we know it! And my 1st appointment with the dietitian is scheduled for Dec. 12. Making progress!


Sidenote: Anyone know how to fix the time stamp on my blog? When I'm saving it shows current time, but then once it's published it's always several hours behind? Suggestions welcome! 

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work Amanda! Your blog will have a resounding effect on all who read it. Even as a dietitian by trade I have had weight struggles my whole life and understand the ongoing battle with weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. Feel good about every healthy choice you make, but don't beat yourself up about things you consider "slip-ups." Cupcakes are a great part of life! (I try to tell myself these same things, BTW.)

    ReplyDelete