Sunday, November 20, 2011

Finding motivation in odd places!

This morning's dose of motivation is courtesy of Pinterest! For those of you who have never visited the addictive site that is www.Pinterest.com, take it or leave it at your own risk! It's basically a virtual bulletin board where you can "pin" ideas you run across on-line for crafts, recipes, etc. It has a social media angle to it where you can "follow" others boards and pins, and get great ideas, or waste hours of time.


Today I clicked on a category I'd never clicked on: Fitness. I was hoping to some good ideas about preferred cold-weather running headbands, gloves, and other goodies. Instead I found some extra motivation! I'm a sucker for a catch phrase or a good tag line. I like to be inspired by simple statements.  Here's a few this morning that I especially enjoyed!













Feeling inspired? I am! 


Although our Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon Biggest Winner Team challenge is really just in its warm-up stage, I'm excited. I'm excited for the opportunity. I'm excited that I've made this choice for myself to invest in my future. I'm excited for the accountability my teammates will bring to the game. I'm appreciative of the support of my friends, family and co-workers.


I'm proud of me. I'm one of those folks who would usually rather not take all of the credit for something good, but would rather make sure that everyone involved gets part of the praise. But this is me. 100% me. I am the author of this destiny - good or bad. I'm writing my own story.


In June I started my journey working on my diet and eating habits. Now, in November, I am 16.5 pounds lighter than I was when I started. This challenge is the the next opportunity for me to change habits: fitness habits. That's kind of a funny statement when I read it ... changing my fitness habits. I don't have any fitness habits. Correction: I am learning new fitness habits. This past week I have included aerobic exercise into my schedule 5 out of 7 days. For that I am thankful. From that I will build new habits.


Saturday morning training run/walk with the Knoxville Track Club.
I walked. It counts.

4 comments:

  1. Love those quotes and your blog too! And we ALL need motivation, and all need to replace bad habits with good ones. If I could jut get in the habit of being neater and cleaning my house better my family would be excited Ha!

    But seriously glad you are on the team and thanks for sharing neat ideas, observations and milestones, you will motivate others!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quotes are awesome! Thanks for sharing! Tell me which one is your absolute favorite....I wanna make u a prize! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MC, you're awesome! Thank you for reading!! My favorite of these ... I think it's the "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch."

    ReplyDelete