Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The countdown has begun!

Today is March 6. The Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon (and my half marathon event) are April 1 ... less than a month away! Wow, how time has truly flown! It seems like just yesterday I met my teammates for the first time, and I shared nervousness about whether or not I'd be successful in my Biggest Winner journey, and whether I'd be able to live through training to complete an event on April 1.

I think about the insecurities I felt when I started my training, and that seems so long ago, and they seem so far away from my mindset today. I feel strong. I can't remember a time in my life when I felt completely strong like this before -- physically, mentally, and emotionally. I feel pride in the things I've accomplished, and I'm excited about the future, and the opportunity to grow stronger and healthier.

I'm excited about our upcoming training weekend-- Saturday we'll do our longest effort -- the 11 mile loop at Cades Cove!  I can't think of a better place to train!  Also, this week I've thought a lot about "race" day. I've thought a lot about how I think I'll feel when I cross the finish line. If you'd asked me a month ago how I felt about race day I would've told you nervous. I think that nervousness has turned into excitement!

I think that Coach Kane & our trainer Chris have helped us build a strong foundation for April 1, and to them I'm truly thankful! Before this turns completely sappy ... I'm going to rap it up with some of my favorite inspiration for the week!








lol - I love this one! 


And, I think I may need some 13.1 apparel to celebrate achieving my goal! 





2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you - I feel like I am exercising vicariously through you these days! I keep telling myself that one day I'll be able to work out regularly again. Exercise really does wonders for the mind and spirit and you are proof of that. Good work!

    ReplyDelete