Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Make today ridiculously amazing!

Saturday for our long distance training I met up with a few of my teammates (LeeAnn, Melody & Darla) to conquer the last 8 miles of the 1/2 marathon course. This had us starting at the front of Cherokee Blvd, and ending up at Neyland Stadium. Yes, you remembered correctly, this also meant that LeeAnn & I would walk the dreaded Noelton for the 2nd time, and got to help Mel & Darla face it for the first time.

We've SO got this hill. Seriously ... for those of you who have trained on greenways near the West Side YMCA, Noelton has NOTHING on the hill going up the street from the YMCA towards Barnes & Noble.

We like this hill so much now that we stop to take pictures with it. :)


Well, in true fashion, and now tradition, what was planned to be 8 miles, turned into over 10. How, do you ask, to we continue to miscalculate our mileage? The answer ... I have no clue. We followed the directions, and our route is right on target with the marathon route. Guess we'll be extra prepared for April 1!

Here's our walk mapped by my Humana Fit phone app:


Find more Walk in Knoxville, TN

Needless to say, although it was a LONG walk, it was complete with the excellent company of my teammates, and beautiful weather (although a bit chilly at times). Saturday was also a special day because it was LeeAnn's birthday! I even attempted to bake her some "tasty" low fat/low calorie blueberry muffins for her birthday. She'd been telling us how much she missed muffins, since they weren't on her healthy eating plan.  How they turned out is questionable, but she's still alive to tell about it! :)

Here's the birthday girl finishing her 10 miles at Neyland Stadium!


Here's how happy we were (self portrait) at the end of the walk!


To celebrate LeeAnn's birthday some of our teammates were able to meet up for dinner that evening ... and a my & Arielle's husbands joined us. Now my husband understands why I have so much fun with my teammates, we all laughed constantly at dinner! 

We clean up pretty nice! 



Well...this week so far hasn't been totally productive...I haven't been to the gym (don't worry, keep reading). I've got spring fever! The weather the past few days is really making me long for flip flop and shorts weather! Instead of the gym the past 2 days I've taken Belle dog for a walk. Tonight I'm going to have to add in some free weights during American Idol to finish up my workout!

The weather is making me think about my wardrobe, and how I'm going to have to replace a lot of it for the spring. As exciting as that prospect sounds ... it gets expensive! So far I've just replaced pants (since they are what have become extremely oversized)! Even though I've only lost 7 pounds, with the fat I've lost and turned into muscle, I've dropped 3 pant sizes! When we started our Biggest Winner journey I was wearing 22/24s, Saturday I bought a pair of regular sized 18s, in a non plus-size store. For those of you who aren't women, or have never shopped in a "Womens" or "Plus Size" section ... you have no idea.

My entire life I've had to shop for larger sizes, and have been limited by what I had available to purchase. And a large segment of plus size clothes are so not-even fashionable, that it's not even funny. I can't tell you how awesome it was to walk into old navy and try on their largest in-store size (regular 20 -- they carry their plus-size line online only), and it be too large. I got dressed, went back into the store and got 18s. One style was too baggy, and the other (the dress pants) fit perfectly!

Buying new pants has been one of the best rewards I have given myself. Talk about a boost in self confidence! You feel better when you look better, that's for sure! Well, leaving you with a little inspiration from my favorite font of knowledge, Pinterest!

This first one makes me think of our trainer and life coach, Chris O'Hearn. He continues to inspire us and make us stronger, no matter how much we complain! Even while we're complaining he reminds us how amazing we are!










1 comment:

  1. Love this post, thanks for thinking of me, and always working so hard. The great thing about you Amanda is your attitude. You never give up on yourself and you find ways to believe in the best in yourself. Thanks for always reminding me that everything is possible. You are so amazing! I am blessed to have gotten to know all of you.

    ReplyDelete