Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's all about loving ... yourself!

Well, yesterday started out like a typical Monday. I was moving slow, and slowly moving! I headed to Covenant Weight Management Center for my monthly appointment with the dietitian. This was my 3rd meeting with her to date, and I was still nervous about it, b/c Barbara just tells you things how she sees them. She doesn't hold back. She doesn't sugar coat things. If you're eating something "wrong," she'll make sure you know your mistake. My visit before this one was good in that I'd lost 5 pounds of fat ... but I was still a little discouraged b/c the scale wasn't actually dropping.

Well, yesterday I finally saw some more progress, and it made every workout, every bit of discipline worth it.

My weight dropped 5 pounds in the last month, bringing total weight loss (since November 12 and the beginning of the Biggest Winner competition) to 7.5 pounds. That brings my overall weight loss since I started in June to about 25 pounds. The number of which I'm most proud is the conversion of Fat Mass to Fat Free Mass. In the last month I've converted 4 more pounds of fat to non-fat, which means since November I've converted 10.5 pounds of fat to non-fat mass. For those of you that are visual folks, just to jog your memory, here's what 5 pounds of fat looks like ...

So this ... x 2!!

Needless to say I'm proud of myself. This is one of those moments that I'm just going say it, and be proud of it, b/c I've worked hard for every ounce of it!

This is truly just the start of my journey, but today I feel like the ends have justified the means. Happy Valentine's Day!



1 comment: