Monday, August 6, 2012

Setting new goals

Well, it's official, I'm signing up to walk another half marathon. Sunday, October 21, 2012, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Seven Bridges Marathon/Half Marathon! Two of my teammates from my Biggest Winner team are planning on walking with me -- LeeAnn and Darla. I'm happy to say that LeeAnn and I haven't stopped walking since our half marathon in April. We made up our minds to stick with it, and we have!

I am beginning to again question my sanity, though. I mean...who really thought I'd ever complete a half marathon in 2012, not to mention TWO half marathons in 2012?! Certainly not me.

Why am I doing this? Don't worry, I've been asking myself the same thing. The simple answer is: I need it to stay motivated. I've figured out I do best with short-term goals that are easy to measure my progress.

I'm still working on my weight loss goals. Despite working out 5-6 times a week I've plateaued again with my weight. I'm still seeing my clothes fitting looser, so I'm hoping that I continue to convert fat into muscle.

I've been doing pretty well with my eating plan, but have to admit that I've had some weak moments lately (read: enjoyed a cupcake during a girls-night-in), but I choose not to punish myself or talk down to myself for those moments. Every once in awhile you have to enjoy eating something without worrying how many calories you just ate, or how long you'll have to workout to burn off your yummy smack.

So, between now and October my goals are to become stronger, and to keep enjoying the new body I'm building for myself. I appreciate everyone's support!

I'll wrap this up with a little Pinterest wisdom!








1 comment:

  1. You are doing amazing things. I am so happy you are sticking to your main purpose to be healthy and to love yourself. There will always be road blocks and obstacles to get thru, but the hardest obstacle I think is consistency. The mental fortitude to say I am going to stick with this even when it's hard and it doesn't seem to be getting me the fast results I want. I am proud of you and thanks for reminding us what real strength looks like. Keep your eyes towards what you want, and it will happen. The rewards that last are the ones that took awhile to get there, they say most lotto winners go bankrupt within the first 5 years, and I know you are not a lotto winner. You have EARNED all you have worked for and will continue to earn and be exactly where you want to be. Have a great night and thanks for the good read tonight.

    ReplyDelete